Whenever I hear the term summer drinks, the first name that comes to my mind is Jaljeera. For all the people who don’t know what Jaljeera is, it is basically cumin seeds water. It is a refreshing and popular Indian drink that is great for summer. The tangy taste of Jaljeera takes me back to my childhood days. I still remember the Jaljeera recipe my mom used to make, it tasted so delicious and we used to have it every day during summers. Find easier to make and delicious recipes here.
The reason why Jaljeera is so popular is that it is amazing for keeping the body cool. It helps in beating the heat by hydrating and rejuvenating the body. Jaljeera is also good for digestive health and it is often served as a welcome drink in many Indian restaurants. It can be had alone or one can have it with meals as it is a great appetizer. After hearing the name Jaljeera, one might think that it’s just Cumin water, but that’s not the case. A lot of other ingredients like mint, lemon juice & spices are combined with water & cumin seeds to make a fresh glass of Jaljeera.
It’s refreshing flavour makes it one of my favourite summer drinks and even though it doesn’t get very hot here in the UK, I still make it. It is super-easy to make and can be easily made with ingredients available at home. The last time when I made Jaljeera, I decided to give it a fun twist and made a cocktail out of it. So, here is my Jaljeera and Jaljeera cocktail recipe.
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- Lemon Juice
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- Handful of Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp. Cumin Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Amchur Powder (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
- Soaked Boondi for garnish
- 30 ml Gin
- Tonic Water
- In a blender, add ginger, lemon juice, mint leaves, coriander powder, cumin seeds, chaat masala and water.
- Blend everything together nicely.
- Add the mixture to a glass filled with ice and water.
- Garnish it with soaked boondi and your Jaljeera is ready to enjoy.
For Jaljeera Cocktail
- In a glass filled with ice add gin and tonic water.
- Add Jaljeera and enjoy the delicious Jaljeera cocktail.
So, this is how I make Jaljeera. I hope you like this recipe and will try it. Don’t forget to share it with me if you do. For more recipes & fun content check out my Instagram.