During our recent staycation to Richmond, I had the pleasure of staying at the Richmond Hill hotel and it was an amazing experience indeed. After staying in lockdown for almost a year, I was really looking forward to this staycation and the people at Richmond Hill made sure that our stay was peaceful and we had a good time. Situated next to the Richmond terrace, the Richmond Hill hotel is surrounded by lush greenery, picturesque views and beautiful walks. The location of the hotel is enough to put one in a good and relaxing mood. Find more hotel reviews here.
The hotel has two types of rooms, Georgian collection and Hill collection. The Georgian collection has antique interiors and reflects the history & heritage of the hotel, whereas the Hill collection has a more modern approach to it with bright colours. We stayed in the Hill suite and loved it. The rooms are designed by the award-winning K&H, and every room features a hand-stitched mattress from Heal’s of London. The picture-perfect setting and the Georgian style interiors of the hotel makes it a good place for weddings and other special occasions.
Pleasing views is not the only good thing about the Richmond Hill hotel, they have a beautiful outdoor terrace and a spacious restaurant, 144 On The Hill that has been recently done. They offer delicious breakfast & brunches, scrumptious all-day dining and fancy afternoon tea. They also have three types of picnic menus, brunch picnic, hilltop magic picnic and afternoon tea picnic. The picnics consist of yummy sweet & savoury delights and one can take away and enjoy them in Richmond Park or the Terrace Field.
There are some really nice places around the Richmond Hill hotel that one can visit during their stay. Here are some popular places I recommend:
- Petersham Nurseries – A relaxing destination that includes a plant nursery, an elegant restaurant, an antique items shop. If someone wants to enjoy afternoon tea in an English country garden setting, then a visit to the Petersham Nurseries is a must.
- Ham House Gardens – Ham House gardens sit on the banks of river Thames and have a collection of 17th century furniture and textiles and is a great place to visit for a unique historical experience
- Hampton Court Palace – Hampton Court Palace is a royal palace in Richmond. If one wants to get an insight into the royal history and relax in the beautiful, spacious gardens, then Hampton Court palace is the place to be.
- Richmond Town Centre – With various high street stores, independent boutiques and a lot of places to explore, Richmond Town Centre is an ideal place for someone who wants to indulge in shopping.
- Boating on the Richmond River – If someone wants to soak in the scenery peacefully floating across the Richmond river, then they can rent a boat and make the most of the picturesque surroundings.
- Cycling in Richmond Park – Cycling around Richmond Park is a one of a kind experience and it has some of the best cycling routes one can ask for. One can rent a cycle and choose a route depending on their ability or the hire time.
All in all, if you want a break from routine life and want to go on a weekend getaway, then Richmond Hill hotel is the place for you. There are so many fun activities that one can indulge in during their stay. We had an amazing time there and even though we stayed there for only two days, we came back refreshed & energised. Can’t wait to plan another staycation to Richmond and experience Richmond Hill hotel’s hospitality again.