Winter for me is the time to wrap up in cosy clothes and reading a nice book while sipping on a soothing hot drink, like Turmeric Golden Milk. My love for Turmeric Golden Milk goes back to my childhood. I still remember the time when I was young and my mother used to make it almost every night in winters. Even now whenever I have it, it’s sweet & spicy taste takes me back to the good old days.
Apart from its delicious taste, Turmeric Golden Milk is also known around the world for its amazing health benefits. All the ingredients that are used in this recipe are proven to be beneficial in winters and that’s what makes it so special. Turmeric Milk is rich in natural antioxidants and is an immunity booster, which makes it perfect for fighting bacterial & seasonal infections. If you are suffering from cough and cold, then a cup of warm Turmeric Golden Milk is a home remedy you can rely on for relief. Checkout our Immunity Boosting smoothie recipe here.
Benefits of Turmeric Milk
- Boosts immunity – For years Turmeric is known for its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It boosts immunity and is one of the most trusted home remedies for preventing seasonal colds and allergies.
- Beneficial in pain relief – Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties, and therefore having turmeric milk if you have any pain or injury can provide relief and can help heal the wound faster.
- Improves skin health – The antioxidant properties of Turmeric can act as a saviour for your skin. Having Turmeric milk regularly can help reduce skin blemishes, prevent premature ageing and give it a natural glow.
- Better digestion – Drinking Turmeric milk regularly is good for your gut as it reduces bloating and helps in improving your overall digestive health.
- Helps you fall asleep – If you drink Turmeric milk just before going to the bed, you will get a much more peaceful sleep, as it relaxes your mind & body, lifts your mood and reduces anxiety.
So, these are some health benefits of drinking Turmeric Milk. Let’s jump to the recipe now.
Turmeric Golden Milk
- 1 teaspoon Grated Ginger
- 3 teaspoons Grated Raw Turmeric
- 4-5 Black Peppers
- Seeds from 2 Cardamom pods
- 1 Aniseed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 300 ML Coconut Milk
- 200 ML Water
- Honey (optional)
- In a saucepan, add grated ginger, grated turmeric, black peppers, cardamom seeds, aniseed and cinnamon powder.
- Add milk and water.
- Heat for 10 minutes and keep stirring it.
- Strain the milk in a cup using a strainer.
- Add honey as per taste, stir and enjoy your creamy Turmeric Golden Milk.
- I like coconut milk and that’s why I have used it in this recipe, but you can use any milk as per your preference.
- Adding water to this recipe is completely optional. I have added it to dilute the milk because I prefer it that way.
- Honey is added to the recipe to give it sweetness, you can skip it if you want.
- If you don’t have raw Turmeric, you can roast the Turmeric powder in a teaspoon of coconut oil or ghee and use it.
Do try out this recipe and let me know how it turned out. Stay tuned for more healthy recipes.