It’s lockdown time and my biggest challenge perhaps (besides coping with my WFH routine) is managing my 6-year old. A bundle of energy he is and needs something that keeps him occupied in body and mind. After alternating between craft, gardening and video games, I decided to try something I’ve always wanted to do in his company. Cooking, indeed!!
Though my idea may seem a little too ambitious with a child so young, I had this amazing recipe in mind which I knew he would love mixing up during his first adventure in the kitchen. So here we were, both donning chef’s aprons and caps, all set to whisk heavenly choco-cornflake muffins. And I’d surely want to share the recipe of these super-delicious and super-nutritious muffins with all the mommies out there.
Chocolate Cornflake Cupcake Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tray and Cases
- 25 gms Butter Preferred Unsalted
- 50 gms Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate broken into chunks
- 150 gms Conflakes
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup need less if its milk chocolate
- Weigh the ingredients. I did it myself, with mylittle one helping to pour ingredients into the weighing scales. You can let older children do this by themselves though.
- Put the cornflakes in a large bowl.Get it done by your junior chef because he or she will probably be able tohandle it on your own.
- Put butter, chocolate, and golden syrup ina saucepan. A microwavable bowl is an alternative if you plan to cook it in themicrowave. Melt the ingredients over a low heat (or heat briefly in themicrowave).
- Allow the mix to cool a little and pour overthe cornflakes.
- Top them with chocolate eggs to make theminteresting, though you can play with your imagination by topping them withgems, jellos or even chopped fresh kiwis and strawberries