Summers are the perfect time to travel and being a travel addict that I am, I make it a point to travel as often as I can. It helps me relax and rejuvenate myself and one of my favorite travel spots is a beach. It’s one of the best escapes from the city life.
If you are also planning your next beach getaway, get ready for the sun, sand, and the sea with this is a cheat beach sheet for a great holiday by the shore. This holiday tip list is something unique and personal. It has been developed over a period of time from all the lessons I have learned from all the different holidays I have been on. So read on and get ready to book your tickets, pack your bags and make memories of a lifetime this holiday season.
- One of the sacred things on a beach holiday is your sunscreen. It’s the one thing you cannot avoid. Take care of your skin when sunbathing for perfect tan lines.
- Sunrays and UV rays are harmful. Sunscreen by itself isn’t just enough to protect you. Carry a big floppy hat to cover yourself from the sun and look stylish at the same time. It’s also helpful if you are having a bad hair day because of the humidity.
- A dip in the blue waters is one of the things I look forward to the most when on a beach holiday. I always take more than one pair of bikini or swimsuit as I get bored wearing the same one. Plus I don’t have to worry about getting it dirty in the sand.
- Also, carry a few stylish cover-ups for when it’s sunny. You can layer it over your bikini top and shorts when walking around the hotel lobby or on the beach.
- Go short this summer and pack a few short and flowy dresses. Remember to keep it light and comfortable.
- Protect your hair from the damage of the harmful sun rays and the sea water by carrying a humid protection and sun SPF protection spray.
- Catch up on some reading. Carry a novel or a book to read while you relax on the beach.
- When it comes to makeup, carry only basic products. Use a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation. They are lighter in texture and more effective for the weather.
- Say no to a highlighter and it gives you a very unnatural look in the pictures when in the sun.
- Use a bronzer as a blush and contour for a natural sunkissed glow.
- Keep your skin smooth and don’t forget to moisturize it after salt exposure.
- Last but not the least don’t forget to enjoy the view you’ve traveled for and go offline. Get a digital detox on a vacation by switching off from your social media channels.
What are the basic tips you always follow on your vacation? Share your beach holiday tips with me in the comments below.