Seasons, styles, trends and occasions keep changing, so why should you sport the same hairdo every time?
The good news is that today, choosing to straighten your hair doesn’t necessarily mean that it will become unhealthy. Here is a list of six natural remedies and three tips to straighten those tresses.
- Hair Oil Treatment
- Coconut oil is considered sacred for healthy hair in all Indian households. Revisit your childhood as you heat some up, and massage it onto your scalp and hair. Not only will it improve the quality of your strands, but it is also an A-grade natural hair straightening method.
- Why should coconut oil get all the love? If you can lay your hands on some castor oil, almond oil or groundnut oil, combine them with coconut or use by themselves to ease out the unruliness.
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut milk is very rewarding for your hair. Use store-bought oil, or prepare it at home. Coconut milk helps aid permanent hair straightening. Apply it through your hair for smoother tresses.
- Mix equal parts of coconut milk and water in a spray bottle, and use it regularly to de-frizz your hair.
- A vinegar rinse, after you have completed washing your hair, boosts straightening. It also leaves your hair softer.
- Apple cider is a very beneficial product. Use it with equal parts water to soak your hair in, and rinse off for silky straight hair.
- Hair Mask
- Mix multani mitti (Fuller’s earth) with some coconut oil, essential oil and apply it onto your scalp. Apart from being a coolant, it will sort out the kinks in your hair.
- A combination of Olive oil, Aloe Vera and lemon juice will do wonders to your hair.
- A mask made of mashed banana and honey, when left on for a few hours will make your locks look shiny.
- Extract lemon juice and mix it in warm coconut oil for a nourishing head massage.
- Use lemon essential oil to amplify the natural straightening of your hair.
- Lemon juice, when added to regular milk, coconut milk and honey, or applied directly onto the scalp, makes hair manageable and straight.
- Don’t leave your hair braided or coiled for too long, since this might leave a wavy shape
- Condition your hair for longer periods of time to allow your hair to truly soak up the ingredients
- Choose natural hair straightening remedies over straightening irons as they will not cause any harm
For permanent hair straightening at home, use these remedies over a period of time. Give your hair a lot of love and care, and most importantly remember that good things come to those who wait!
Find more hair care and hairstyling tips at www.rewardme.in