Do you find yourself dusting dandruff off your shoulders all the time? Are you afraid that someone may notice the white flakes on your clothes?
Dandruff may be an embarrassment, but it’s also a serious health issue. Here are ten reasons why you may get dandruff:
- Dry Scalp: A dry scalp tends to flake and leads to frizzy hair. This invites dandruff.
- Excessive shampoo: Shampoos contain chemicals that could strip your scalp of its natural oils, thus causing dandruff.
- Oiliness: Two of the most common causes of dandruff are oiliness and dirt. A greasy scalp accumulates dirt and leads to dandruff.
- Styling: Styling products contain strong chemicals, which may cause skin irritation. Serums and hair sprays, when used in excess or too frequently, may be harmful for your hair.
Now that you are aware of the causes, the next step is to prevent dandruff. Follow this simple hair care routine to get rid of it.
- Massage: Massage your scalp with mild essential oils, followed by a regular wash.
- Shampoo: Use an anti-dandruff shampoo, and brush your hair after the shower.
- Diet: Consume foods which are rich in zinc, as it helps to prevent dandruff.
Here are some tips to help you part ways with dandruff:
- Hair wash: Wash your hair regularly with an anti-dandruff shampoo and keep your scalp clean.
- Natural products: Make use of products that contain natural ingredients and avoid chemicals, as they are harsh and cause flakes.
- Itching: White flakes lead to itchiness and irritation. Control the urge to itch, as it may lead to bleeding in the skin of the scalp.
- Coconut oil: Massage your scalp with coconut oil, as it is one of the most effective solutions to treat dandruff.
- Aspirin: This may seem strange, but aspirin tablets have been known to control dandruff. Mix aspirin powder with your shampoo, leave it on for 2 minutes and wash it off. Aspirin contains salicylates that treat dandruff.
- Fuller’s earth: Popularly known as multani mitti, Fuller’s Earth absorbs the extra oil and dirt which are the major causes of dandruff. Apply a paste of Fuller’s Earth with water, and leave it on for 20 minutes for a dandruff-free scalp. Applying multani mitti hair pack is one of the easiest home remedies for dandruff and has no side effects either!
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree has anti-inflammatory properties and a high rate of dermal penetration, thereby making it an excellent solution to get rid of dandruff.
- Salt: Salt is the easiest remedy for dandruff. It helps to scrub off flakes easily. Rub salt into your scalp for 10 minutes and wash off.
- Henna: Henna has the ability to bind to the keratin in hair strands. It also provides relief from scalp irritation and oiliness.
- Travelling: Pollution increases the likelihood of dandruff, which is why you must always cover your hair while travelling.
Follow these tips for a dandruff free scalp and hassle-free grooming.
Get more such amazing and effective hair care tips at www.rewardme.in