Hi, all you divas out there! If you’re like me, Kajal is a very important (and often, the only) component of your makeup routine. You know too what a dash of slick, black kohl can do for the appearance, with almost no effort at all!
Today, there are just so many options available for kajal-users; there are supreme ranges where a single stick can perform multiple functions; there are some budget options which promise daily wearablilty and decent quality; and some which are just basic black kajal pigments. Today I am going to review F.A.C.E.S. Canada’s Magneteyes Kajal which is pitted against Maybelline’s Colossal Kajal, Lakme’s Eyeconic, L’Oreal’s Magique and Lotus’ Colorkick Kajal.
F.A.C.E.S. Canada is still not a very popular brand in India, but judging by this product and a couple of others I own, there is no valid reason for this! Magneteyes is simply amazing, and in my opinion, better than several of the competing products of this segment.
Coming, to the product itself, here’s how I feel about it:
- Packaging: Magneteyes comes in a bright red, twist-up packaging that is striking and convenient to carry. Given the outer colour, it never gets lost on my dresser and the twist-up mechanism works well too.
- Texture: It is a soft, creamy kajal, which though easily applied, is not so velvety as to break with pressure. It glides well, both on the upper and lower lash line, and there is no tugging. A good tip is to use it on the lower lash before and then the upper, for then, application is even smoother.
- Pigmentation: In my experience, the pigmentation is great. With one swipe itself, I get a good, dark definition, and with two swipes, a lovely intense colour. To that extent, I find it much better than L’Oreal Magique and Lakme Eyeconic.
- Staying power: It remains on the upper lash line for 5 hours minimum without smudging. If I touch my eyes a lot, some colour may come off the inner portion of the upper lash, but otherwise, it remains intact. On the lower lash line, it retains intensity for 3-4 hours after which, it begins to fade a little bit. Smudging, however, is minimal and the effect much better than Lakme Eyeconic and Maybelline Colossal too.
- Removal: It is easy to wipe off this kajal with a proper makeup remover. However, if I simply wash it with water, it tends to settle between my lower lashes, which takes another two washes to complete go. This is probably the only negative thing I have to say about this product.
All in all, I really like F.A.C.E.S. Canada’s Magneteyes Kajal. Not only is it easy to apply, smudge-proof and with good staying power, it is far superior to several similar products in my opinion. Best part is, it is affordable for the sizable amount of 0.35 gm that it comes in. If I were ever to repeat kajals, I would definitely consider buying this again!