Love to experiment with your eye makeup? This is something which will definitely get your attention.
Maybelline New York has come out with Diamond Glow Quad Eye shadow palettes in 5 shades i.e. Lilac Mauve, Ocean Blue, Wine Pink, Copper Brown and Grey Pink. Each of these palettes has 4 vibrant shades in the same colour family. Today we are going to review the Grey Pink Shade. The packaging of the palette is sleek and strong with a transparent plastic top and a black bottom with instructions on how to use the product. It is quiet compact, travel friendly and comes with a small double ended eye shadow brush.
This set contains:
A – Highlight Colour
B & C – Medium Colours
D – Accent Colour
A double ended applicator with a bigger and smaller sponge.
How to use: (As per the instructions provided on the back)
- Apply A on your entire eye lid and inner corner with the bigger sponge.
- Blend B on your upper medium lid with the opposite side of the bigger sponge.
- Blend C on lower medium lid with the smaller sponge.
- Use D with the opposite side of the smaller sponge to line on the lash line.
All the shades are super shimmery and soft. But when it comes to pigmentation it’s not highly pigmented and needs a primer or an eye shadow base to make the colour pop. Also on applying all of them together it gets too shimmery and glittery. Shade A & C are quiet similar and the pink (Shade B) is too dull for warmer/dusky skin tones, as well as slight amount of fall out visible. I would recommend you to use these shades separately to create differently looks and mix it up with a matte shade from a different palette to reduce the shimmer. This palette is great for a night look and for a silvery smokey eye.
- Travel Friendly
- Great for night time party smokey eye
- Soft and creamy texture.
- Not highly pigmented.
- The applicator (double ended eye shadow brush) is definitely a pass. (Very rough and poor quality)
- Too glittery if all shades are used together.
- Little eye shadow fall out visible.
Price in India: Rs. 495/-