The most beautiful time of the year, Christmas time is finally here and I bet you are as excited as I am. With our tree all set up and decorated, we are in full Christmas spirit at home. But, I felt like something was missing. This year Christmas will be a bit low-key as compared to previous years and finding ways to make the most of it with family is the best thing to do. So, to spend quality family time and to celebrate the festivities we decided to bake and decorate Christmas cookies together. I think simple fun activities like these are great for that much needed break from routine and for bringing the family together in the kitchen. Find more fun Christmas content here.
These soft & chewy Christmas cookies are super yummy and can be easily made with ingredients you may already have in your pantry. The pretty red, green & white decoration is like cherry on the cake and is what makes these cookies perfect for the holiday season. Enough talking, now it’s time to share the recipe so here it goes.
Christmas Cookie Recipe
- Electric Blender
- 2 & 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Icing for decoration
- Add the flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl, mix them together and keep aside.
- In another bowl, add unsalted butter, granulated sugar, and beat them with an electric beater until smooth.
- Once done, add egg & vanilla extract and beat again until everything is combined together nicely.
- Now add the dry ingredients that we kept aside to the wet ingredients and mix them.
- Knead the mixture to prepare the cookie dough.
- Roll-out the dough. The dough should be 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into desired shapes.
- Remove the extra dough and refrigerate for around 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake for around 10-15 minutes until the cookies are light brown in colour.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes and decorate as you like with icing & enjoy.
This is our easy-peasy Christmas cookie recipe, I hope you like it and will try it with your family. Stay tuned for awesome recipes.