Love looking your best, but have no time to keep up with new, fab beauty mantras? Here’s the Top 10 tips that’ll help you look your best and take care of your lips!
For Your Lips
- Chapped lips are such a turn-off; be kiss-ready with well-moisturized lips at all times.
- Do not lick your lips when they get dry; this will only worsen their condition. Fall into the habit of always having lip moisturisers handy.
- Always use a lip balm with SPF to prevent darkening of lip skin.
- Every few days, buff your lips to remove dead skin – use a toothbrush for gentle exfoliation and follow up by moisturising them with a soothing balm or lip butter.
- Always go in for quality products when it comes to lip care and makeup; it’s better to have fewer high-end lip colours than a truckload of inexpensive, low-quality lip products.
- Never share your lip products with anyone, unless of course, you also have a makeup brush that can be cleaned once used after application by someone else.
- If you have dark pigmented lips, rub a slice of potato on them before bed and rinse off in the morning.
- To have naturally pink lips, use a natural lip stain like fresh beetroot or pomegranate juice. Apply a few drops and night and wake up to a lovely pinkish pout!
- Don’t throw money on expensive lip plumpers to get that sexy pout. Instead, rub a little peppermint oil which irritates the lip-skin (mildly) and gives a fuller effect.
- On special occasions when you have to bring your A-game, massage your lips with an ice-cube before putting on makeup – this will provide them with a supple, healthy glow; the best base for any product application.