Maintaining and managing frizzy hair can be infuriating. Hair smoothening treatments can help people who struggle with this hair type.
Our hair is made up of amino acids, which are basically the building blocks of proteins. Keratins are the main protein in hair and they contain long sequences of amino acids. These typically form a helical structure and coil around each other. Cysteine is one such amino acid that helps form these connections with other coils. The more connections or interactions, the more tightly coiled the hair becomes, giving you curly hair.
Hair smoothing or smoothening is a process in which different types of solutions may be applied to the hair, breaking down those natural bonds of cysteines. Once these natural bonds are broken, the hair is then artificially set and given its structure with a flat iron.
Hair smoothening is often confused with hair straightening. While both treatments give you smooth and manageable hair, straightening leaves hair poker-straight while smoothening gives it a more natural appearance. Chemicals used in smoothening hair make them tangle-free, and any effects of straightening will only be temporary. It is ideal for people who have naturally straight or slightly wavy hair that is problematic because of frizziness.
Hair Smoothening at a Salon
The entire process lasts for about an hour and includes the following stepshair
- Before your stylist applies the chemical rebonding agent, he/she will wash, condition, and then blow-dry your hair.
- The rebonding agent, which is usually in the form of a cream, will then be applied evenly on the hair. This will be left on for close to half an hour.
- The solution will then be washed off and your hair will be straightened with a ceramic hair straightener. This will not only help to straighten the hair, but also increase the effectiveness of the treatment.
- After this, another cream will be applied across the hair and left on for close to twenty
- The hair will then be washed and blow-dried to give you the final touches.
A smoothening treatment rebonds your hair. For best results, keep in mind the following tips for three days after your treatment:
- Do not tie your hair or tuck it behind the ears as these could leave a long-lasting curved
- Avoid washing or wetting your hair
- Let your hair remain as straight as possible while you sleep
If you would like to try out the procedure, make it a point to visit a reputed salon, where they use only high-quality products. Likewise, if you wish to experiment with hair smoothing at home, only buy products from the best brands and make sure to adhere strictly to instructions. A good hair smoothening product can certainly work wonders for your hair.
Find more hair care tips at www.rewardme.in