Here is the 3rd post in the series What’s In My Makeup Bag!
While writing these posts, it always surprises me how my makeup routine and preferences change over time and season. December was all about fun, frolic and glitter but this month, I’m more into subtle perfection, or as some might call it, the “no makeup flawless finish”. And to pull that off, I have been stashing these products in my makeup bag:
- Benefit Eyeshadow – It’s a great brown color which is extremely convenient to use as an all-alone single eyeshadow; perfect for the days when you’re in a rush. One of my old favourites of mine.
- Benefit Magic Ink Eyeliner – One of my all time favourites, this eye liner stands true to its name! It’s an intense black shade and I have been using it for almost 4 years now. I digress, but this one is my go-to product when it comes to applying eye liner quickly and effortlessly. I also find the brush to be very good for it gives a lot more control to go as thin or as strong as I want.
- Mac Prep+Prime Powder – This pressed powder is quick to use and gives a nice, matte finish so I can use it over moisturiser or foundation to blot away the shine. I use it mid-day sometimes to control excess oil and freshen my face.
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturiser – January is always a bit of fast runner, maybe because one is trying to catch up on chores after the December holidays. So I keep this tinted moisturizer handy for those days when I’m in a rush, running late or simply not in the mood to get ready.
- Clarins Lip Perfector Lip Balm – I have recently started using this lip balm and to put it in a nutshell, it smells good, tastes sweet and has a sheer shine to it. I love it for it’s also very moisturising. The one I bought is a little light for my lips though, so next time I will try a different colour.
- Mascara – One of the two products you will always find in my bag, it helps achieve that “no makeup” look and also opens up the eyes; great for when you need just a subtle hint of glamour.