Another post in the series What’s in My Makeup Bag!
The month is December and there’s loads to do; work, parties, shopping and more. So, what I’ve been carrying in my bag lately is all those products that help me transform my comfy office-look to a night-time-party-look in a jiffy. And since the festive season leaves little time for grooming, I also always stock some goodies that ensure I don’t look tired or hung over from the last night’s celebrations.
Here is a sneak peek into what my most important go-to products are in Dec 2015:
- Benefit Girl Meets Pearl – My favourite highlighter for the winter months, one needs to be slightly careful with it . It makes you look like a light bulb if used too much, so I prefer to just dab a tiny bit on my face and blend it in with a blusher brush. It also helps to add a bit of colour or tan to the face which is perfect for such months when we are all so pale! Win Win.
- Loreal Paris 201 Rose Symphony – A very pinky kind of lip gloss with great staying power, this can be used both for day wear and night-time parties too. I chose this shade for I like to keep my lip colors bright especially in the winter months.
- Origins Eye Cream GinZing – Another one of those staple products that can be used to hide the side effects of last night’s party, this cream contains compounds which helps awaken the eyes and make them look bright & shining.
- Real Technicques Blush Brush – I always carry at least one brush in my bag and this one is an absolute must-keep for me. It helps to apply blush or highlighter in a way that brings a healthy flush to the face and blend products well with the base makeup.
- Shimmer for Highlighting – A small pot of this shimmer comes in handy for dusting the neck, shoulder, arms or temples, it to highlights features to bring some oomph to the makeup.
- Midnight Blue Glitter Eyeshadow – I use this eyeshadow for bringing the jazz to my night-time party look. It is such a small pot to carry which is much better than having a whole eyeshadow palette stashed in. Not that I don’t love those, but these days I am all about being minimalist with my bag and the makeup that I carry.
- Loccitaine Lavender Hand Cream – This is truly a necessity in the winter months since my hands need some serious TLC in such chilly weather. So this nice, soothing hand cream and its pleasant fragrance feel like a saviour during my midday dry-hand-crisis.
Follow the blog now to keep updated on more to come in this series.