In the time leading up to the festive season this year, we must all prepare to look our best – that’s the most exciting bit of the whole festive frenzy, isn’t it?! To have you all looking your best, I have collated some of the makeup & beauty products that should be staples in your cupboard or vanity during this time of the year. Here’s my take on the best products that will help you get all dolled-up in no time!
Also, here is a snippet of the items I have in my festive makeup kit
- Natural Looking Foundation – I personally like to wear less makeup on the skin. I fell it is better to look natural rather than heavily covered in potions and lotions. Foundation should be used to enhance some features and hide imperfections, and not layer the face thickly, giving you the “pancaked look”. Go for a foundation which gives light to medium coverage and doesn’t hide your skin completely. My own favourite is Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation.
- Bright Lip Colours – The trend this year is bright lip colours, and I love the pop it adds to one’s appearance. Try and wear colours which match or complement your attire. My personal favourite lip colours these days include fiery reds and tangy oranges. I would recommend pink shades for day time functions, though.
- Highlighter – A good quality highlighter should be your go-to product for getting that dewy finish that most celebrities are sporting these days. Use the highlighter on the high planes of the face and if you don’t want to spend oodles of money on one, you could even use a light eye shadow for the same effect.
- Eyeliner – Eyeliner is the one single product in eye makeup that I wouldn’t recommend forgoing at any cost. This festive season, rock your outfit by complementing it with properly lined eyes; that is sure to make a huge difference to how you look. You could use a fine black liner or experiment with navy blue or metallic colours. You could also use bold, deep shades to create a sultry, smokey-eyed look.
- Primer – Most of the times at festive events, we end up staying out late which obviously takes a toll on our makeup-laden skin. But no one wants to look run down by the end of the night and the best way to prevent that is by using a primer underneath your makeup to make it last longer. Primer acts like a base and moisturises the skin, minimising the pores so as to prep it for makeup application. Think of primer as similar to that used by artists on their canvas before starting their masterpieces’ – you will then never forget to start with it!
If you have any questions or comments regarding what’s been mentioned above, feel free to send me a note or drop a line below. I’ll be glad to know how you are going to be doing your makeup this festive season.