We all love Mehndi or Heena application, and when it comes to the festive season, it’s probably a must-do for everyone.
Here are some of things you should keep in mind to have a great time with Mehendi application and also brilliant after results:
- Don’t moisturize your hands before mehndi application for that acts like a barrier for your skin to then absorb the heena. If you want deep colour, stay away from creams and lotions before getting your mehendi put.
- Heena colour comes best when it is dries naturally with body heat. Don’t use external heat to dry it off simply because it’s chilly out there or you don’t want to keep it on for too long.
- If you love deep colour, there is some extra effort you can make to get that rich pigmentation. Use a mixture or sugar and lemon as paste to apply on dried heena; this will get it to stay on the hands for longer and you will get a darker colour for sure.
- You could also heat some clove on a flat pan and warm your hands over it after you have removed the heena. You could even apply some herbal pain-relief balm on your hands provided you can bear the intense smell of it.
- Don’t wash your hands after the heena application for at least 7-8 hours. Simply rub off the heena once it has dried and then don’t get your hands in contact with water for a while.
- Remember to get your manicure and pedicure done a day before heena application. With everyone looking at your hands after application, you should be ready with your perfect tips to wow them all!