Few days back, I was flipping through the spring edition of a leading fashion magazine when the make-up section popped up. There were many pictures of glamorous models – runway stills that took my breath away. But as usual, even as I lapped up on all the 2015 make-up trends, many were too bold and rather impractical for day to day use when one is neither walking the ramp nor partying out.
That’s when I decided to invest my energies in figuring out which 2015 make-up trends are actually viable for the girl-next-door. Here are some of the very doable tips that shall keep you looking beautiful and completely in touch with the latest styles. Read on!
Ah, what should you go in for this season – heavy foundations, bronzers, shimmer or blush? The following is what the runway dictates:
- Dewy complexion: Supple, glowing skin is what has been rocking the 2015 ramps. And to be honest, it is a wonderful style to adopt for it gives a finish that is the right balance of natural and glamorous.
- Bronzed skin: For more special occasions, bronzed skin would be a good choice. Though, it is more of the subtle sun-kissed look as opposed to heavily-tanned skin that is being popularly sported internationally.
- Nude finish: This one is a classic that has made a much-expected reappearance. The idea is to be minimalist in applying products. But be careful you are not negligent and end up looking completely washed out instead of fashionably bare.
Lips are the most prominent feature of a woman’s face so you need to know how to showcase them right in this season:
- Plum shades: Deep, rich plums have been topping the charts with almost all major fashion houses advocating this lip-color. Find a shade that compliments your complexion and it can easily be your go-to make-up product for now.
- Reds and Oranges: For those like me who are quite tired of soft, nudes shades being quite in vogue, it’s time to rejoice! Bright reds and feisty oranges have made a comeback this season and how! Time to go all out!
So what’s in for the window’s to your soul this season? Several interesting styles have come up this season:
- Black liquid liner: It’s time to brush up on your eye-lining skills ladies! Creamy textures are out, liquid liner is in. From simple contour-tracing lines to dramatic wings, everything has been spotted on the ramp in Spring 2015.
- Brown and Purple shadow: This is quite a fascinating new entry. Brown and purple eye shadow of different intensity, from the darkest hues to the softest shades, have been quite the rage; versatile and suitable for both day and evening wear.
Style extends to your fingertips as well, and your nails must not be ignored. Some polish trends to follow:
- Negative-space manicures: Graphic nail-art with some naked nail showing is much in vogue. Stock up on ideas and tips of how to paint these fancy nails yourself.
- Baby soft shades: If the neons and bright colors aren’t your thing, you will be much relived for they have been replaced by baby soft shades (often nude and off-whites) as the ever-chic polish.
So these are the runway make-up styles that you too can carry off easily. Try them out and stay beautiful!