Here is a step by step guide to get you ready for the golden sandy beaches with confidence.
- Sun Safe – Whether you go for cream or oil, its essential to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Sun rays not only damage and age the skin but can also lead to skin cancer. Before you head out make sure you use a good sunscreen. Make sure you reapply your sun cream or oil regularly, especially after the dip in the water.
- Nail It – Pretty Hues or Bold Bright nails look best on the beach. Before applying polish give yourself a manicure to make sure your nails are in a tip-top shape. Don’t forget your feet either, a nice pedicure and a beautiful pair of flip flops or open toed sandals in the evening will make you stand out in the crowd.
- Protect Your Locks – Your skin isn’t the only thing that can get seriously damaged in the sun, your hair can too. All that sea salt, chlorine and sun can play havoc with your hair and turn your glossy locks into an unruly frizzy haystack. You either use a nice SPF protection for your hair or repair remedy to add back the lost moisture and repair any damage done throughout the day.
- Smooth Skin – Pre Holiday, get your skin glowing by buffing and exfoliating. You can use a body scrub or use a body brush.
- Minimum Makeup – Heavy makeup on the beach is a complete no-no, but if you can’t dare to bare, a slick of waterproof mascara with a sweep of subtle lipstick will keep you looking fresh faced and gorgeous. In the evening some bronzer and metallic shimmering eye shadow will enhance your tan and give you a healthy glow.