Though we may have all worked from home once or more, mandatory work-from-home has now taken us by surprise with the coronavirus crisis taking over the world. Being productive while working remotely can be challenging, with all kinds of distractions you have at home.
There are kids to handle, pets to look after, housework to do and a lot more to deal with. And sometimes, the vibe itself makes you feel off. Still, my personal experience says that achieving optimal productivity even while working from home is possible if you take the right approach. Some tips if you are trying to work from home, and either getting bored or losing spirit:
1. Have a Plan for the day – My tip is to do this the night before
2. Get started early, as it helps to get more out of the day.
3. Pretend like you are going into the office, dress up for those video conference calls as well.
4. Structure your day like you would in the office. You will definitely be at your productive best.
5. Choose a dedicated workspace; don’t try to work all day from bed because it makes you feel lazy.
6. Don’t stay at home all day. Go for a walk in your park or garden, step outside and breathe some fresh air.
7. Have social media interactions and online-only during free time as we have a tendency to watch and read the news or feeds and generally lose track of time.
8. Commit to doing more and use time wisely. You will actually end up doing more as you are saving time for regular commuting.
9. Work when you’re at your most productive. It could be in the early morning or late at night. I structure my day accordingly and keep my calls for the afternoon.
10. Use technology to stay connected with family, friends and teams.
11. Get kids into a schedule so your work plan can be managed with their schedule, though easier said than done.
12. Play some music in the background and work will be so much fun 😉
13. Take breaks after a long sitting and finish some household work in that break (like drying up laundry, washing dishes or chopping vegetables for dinner)
14. Spend some time with family and have fun. Take this as an opportunity to reboot.
Do share and let me know if you have any more tips and I will add them to the list with credits. Also, comment below if you want me to share more tips on anything else #workfromhometips