One can never have too much makeup. But buying all that makeup leaves you a little broke at the end of the day. Sometimes you want to try brands and products but don’t do so since they can be too pricey and you are not sure whether they will suit you know. That’s when a beauty box comes into play. You get to try new products and high-end brands for an affordable price. Beauty boxes let you play around with your makeup without leaving a hole in your pocket and you can then invest in the products you truly like.This month I tried the Asiana Beauty Box. I was sent one as a gift from the Asiana team. There are several beauty boxes in the market. What really sets Asiana apart from the others is that it has been curated keeping the Asian skin type and tone in mind. The box contains goodies for both skincare and makeup which include a cleanser, primer, eye shadow palette, lip/cheek colour, mascara and so on. The products have been picked keeping the dusky or Asian skin tone in mind by the in-house beauty editor. They have lots of premium products and well catered for any fashionista and beauty addict looking to try new products.
What’s inside the box?
- Clinique All About Shadow Duos Night: It is a two toned eye palette with complementary combinations where one can be used as a base colour and the other can be used to highlight or contour.
- Mac False Lashes Mascara Extreme Black: A mousse based formula which is good for people looking to volumize their lashes. It is not flakey, suitable for long wear and is also good lengthening the lashes.
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks Powder Pink: It’s a multipurpose cream based product which comes in a mirrored flip-top compact packaging. It’s a subtle shade which looks great as a lipstick and a blush.
- Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner Black Ink: It’s highly pigmented gel based eyeliner which lasts up to 12 hours and is waterproof, sweat and humidity resistant.
- Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer: It’s a good makeup base which even suits oily skin since it’s lightweight. Apply a pea sized amount with your fingertips before a foundation.
- Origins Gin-zing Energy-Boosting Moisturizer: It’s a lightweight moisturiser which his suitable for any skin type. It is good for regular use and contains active ingredients like coffee which instantly hydrates the skin and giving radiance to the skin
- Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Triple-Action Cleanser: It’s a three in one product which makes your routine much simpler. It is a foam based cleanser which removes your impurities and even long wear makeup.
As you can see that the box has all the basic products needed to create multiple looks and recently I created a look inspired by Anushka Sharma in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
For the eyes, I used the Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner along the lash line. For a dramatic finish for the lower lash line and the crease on the eye lids, I blended the darker shade of the Clinique All About Shadow Duos palette. I finished the eye makeup by applying a layer of MAC False Lashes Mascara. For the cheeks and the lips, I used the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks. Before applying the makeup, I prepped my skin with the Estee Lauder Cleanser and moisturised it with the Gin-zing Energy Booster Moisturizer. To ensure my makeup lasts all day I prepped my skin with the Smashbox Primer.
The best part about this box is the price. You get to try a lot of premium products for an affordable price. The cost of the box is £25, and it contains some top products worth £75. Which is surely a bargain!
Overall is a good beauty box which has premium brand and products for your makeup bag. This is also a great gifting option for your fashionista friend as the box as everything you need in a basic makeup box. If interested in learning more here is the link where you can get hold of these before they run out www.asianabeautybox.com