Tired of your boring work wear staples like trousers and shirts in neutral shades of black, grey, beige and navy blue? Picking out clothes for work every day can seem like a chore if you hate your clothes. To make your mornings a little bit more exciting try mixing up your work wardrobe with this seasons hues, bold colors and new styles. Whether your office is artistic and relaxed, or formal and sophisticated, check out these top 10 wardrobe must haves for a high fashion work look.
1. Midi skirt: This is a great option when you are feeling ultra feminine. You can get an A-line skirt, pencil skirt or a pleated one, the choices are endless. You can pair a midi skirt with a sheer silk blouse and a pair of pointed heels. For a bold look, you can pick a skirt in a bright color and pair it with a neutral colored top.
2. Denims: Friday, the most awaited day of the week. It’s the day you can give your traditional work wardrobe a break. Pick a pair of black denims and pair it up with a vibrant silk top in pink, orange or sky blue. You can tuck in your blouse for a formal look and accessorize it with classic black pumps. This outfit is also great to wear for dinner and drinks with friends later.
3. Flats: Flats are the most practical option for work. They are super comfy, cute and you have so many options to choose from. Pair a dress with loafers or oxford shoes for an edgy look or colorful ballerinas with a sweater and trousers or cropped denims.
4. Blazer: Blazers look smart, sharp, sexy and feminine if paired correctly. They are a great option for the winters as well. You can layer a t-shirt or blouse below your blazer along with a pencil skirt and heels or wear it over a silk blouse with a pair of denims for casual Fridays.
5. Tote Bag: Invest in a good quality big bucket tote bag which can double up as your laptop bag. Colors like tan brown, navy blue, black and light pink are versatile and match most of your outfits.
6. Business suit: You can never go wrong with a classic black suit. However to make our black suit a little more fun, pair it with a crisp white shirt or a blouse with bowed collar and a pop of bright lipstick. You can also make your suit more fun by wearing it with a printed or colored blouse. If you hate wearing trousers then you can also go for a skirt suit. Make a classic skirt suit stand out by opting for a bright and fresh color rather than going for the neutrals.
7. Culottes: Trousers have been a part of the work wardrobe for centuries. Why not give your bottoms a fashionable twist with a pair of culottes. Wide legged culottes look great with a well fitted top and a pair of block heels or flats.
8. Dress Shirt: A dress shirt is a go to piece for the summer. For a corporate setting pair a dress shirt in a neutral shade like white, navy blue or black with pumps to finish off your look or block sandals for a casual look.
9. Heels: Spend on good quality heels in neutral shades like black, brown and beige. They will go with everything in your work wardrobe. You can also invest in a pair of statement heels which stand out like printed, metallic or brightly colored ones. You can pair this statement piece with a dull business suit to liven it up.
10. Scarves: A scarf is a great accessory for your work wardrobe. It can add some color to your outfit instantly, but wearing it can be tricky sometimes. Silk scarves are a great option for work. You can just wrap it around your neck or tie in a French knot or bow tie for a perfect look.
So what are the items in your list and how do you style your work wear?