Ladies with a passion for fashion – UNITE! Now, our world of style and sartorial pleasures is downright wonderful, filled with vibrant colours, quirky prints, statement-making embellishments, delicate details and so much more. Of course, there’s no denying that every stylish woman faces fashion-induced frustration from time to time. Do any of these situations ring a bell?
1. When the body isn’t hair-free and you want to wear a skirt/dress/shorts/sleeveless clothes because the weather outside is beautiful. Moral of the story? Shave (or wax) regularly!
2. When you don’t remember which group of friends saw you in an outfit. “Am I repeating clothes or was that another outing I wore this to?” Psst…check Facebook and Instagram – if you’ve worn to outfit before, you probably have photographic evidence lying around!
3. When you have your heart set on some clothes/shoes/accessories/makeup you thought you’d buy but is nowhere to be found when you visit the store next time. Well, that’s what happens when you don’t seize the day.
4. When you have your entire outfit planned in your head but something goes wrong when you finally put it on. “I’m guilty as charged – I change multiple clothes before finding something I’m still not perfectly happy with.”
5. When you decide to give lipstick a skip, go all minimalist with just lip-gloss on, and the wind starts blowing. Hair sticking to the lips is not a fashion statement and you know it.
6. When you leave the house in daytime and can’t remember if you put suntan on. “Like I didn’t have enough on my mind, now I have to worry about tanning and my weakening memory.”
7. When you want/have to wear heels and know it’s going to be a long day. Sometimes, fashion is not about comfort at all. But hey, no pain, no gain!
8. When you’re not carrying your lipstick and have to eat/drink something. “It’s okay. My lipstick is non-transferable. Yes, I’m sure my lipstick is non-transferable. Of course my lipstick is…damn! It’s so not!” Tip? Always use a straw!
9. When you think you’re having a good hair day at home, only to realize that your hair-luck ran out the moment you left the house. Sometimes life can be just so unfair! Ah, well, rock your new ‘do like superstar. You might even start a new trend!
10. When the sale season is on and you’ve already shopped too much at retail price. To indulge or not indulge, that is the question!Fashion is a funny thing, isn’t it? On some days, it makes us smile, and on others, it pushes us to the brink of annoyance. When you’re faced with a day like this, remember, that it will pass. Pull yourself together, walk with your shoulders held high and remember that life – and fashion – is beautiful. That’s why you fell in love with it in the first place, after all.