Having a fit and well-toned body is certainly everyone’s dream. While it may not endow you with Herculean strength, having a toned tummy raises overall fitness levels and helps boost your confidence. Also, check out more health & fitness tips at www.rewardme.in.
This said, acquiring a healthy body is no easy task. You need to eat healthy and include stomach exercises in your regular fitness regime to get that perfectly sculpted belly. Here are 5 tummy exercises to help you get the flat stomach you desire!
Exercise One – Sit-Ups
Sit-Ups are perhaps the most popular among the flat-tummy exercises. These exercises target and strengthen the muscles in your abdomen as well as the lower back, pelvis and hips.
- Lie flat on the ground and position your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees, while keeping your feet flat against the ground.
- Now lift your head and shoulders off the ground, while keeping your lower body posture intact.
- Hold this position for about 3 seconds before returning to the initial posture
Repeat the steps about 10 times in a routine. Gradually increase the repetitions to 20, as you get used to the exercise.
Exercise Two – Planks
Planks strengthen the inner core muscles, as you need to maintain balance in a particular posture for a considerable length of time.
- Lie facing the ground and bend your hands so that both forearms touch the ground.
- Lift your body such that your weight is balanced on our forearms and toes, while your body remains parallel to the ground.
- Inhale deep breaths, while holding the position for at least 30 seconds before slowly returning to original posture.
Exercise Three – Leg Lifting
Leg lifts focus on the muscles in your lower abdomen, allowing you to stretch and tone them.
- Lie on the ground with your hands and legs flat against the surface.
- Slowly lift your legs, while keeping your knees bent so that your calves remain parallel to the ground.
- Now straighten out your knees so that your legs and feet point to the ceiling.
- Keeping your back flat, slowly bring both your legs to the floor.
Exercise Four – V-Ups
Also known as V Sit-Ups, this exercise not only tones your abdomen, but also strengthens other crucial body muscles around your back and legs.
- Lie flat on the ground in a relaxed posture.
- Slowly raise your head and shoulders, as well as both legs simultaneously, forming a V with your body. Ensure that your legs are straight.
- Hold the posture for about 5 seconds before returning to original position.
Exercise Five – Bridges
Bridges help shape the muscles in your upper abdomen, back, hips and thighs, making them slender and agile.
- Rest your body on the ground so that your hands stretch straight by your sides and bend your knees, while keeping your feet flat against the surface.
- Now, applying pressure with your heels, raise your hips off the ground without bending your back.
- Take a deep breath and return to the initial posture.
Get started right away, as in addition to eating healthy, you need to exercise to reduce tummy fat!