In rolled the fourth day of the AIFW 2015 and got with it, a plethora of fabulous collections whose outfits are likely to be sported by many by the end of the year. An event jam-packed with 10 shows, each more awe-inspiring than the previous, day 4 of the AIFW was certainly one to watch out for. Read on to know all that happened!
It’s as if all designers conspired to make this day full of pleasant surprises for its audience. Most collections had a dramatic conceptual background causing designers to bring much theatrics to the ramp. The show began with a bright and youthful collection by Nikhita called ‘Mynah Desgins’ which capitalized on the beauty of red and black shades. Sahil Kochar’s ‘Hara Barno’ was the talk of the day, while Vogue Fashion’s line ‘Bodice’ was commended for its wearable, modest outfits. Poonam Bhagat’s Picasso-inspired collection was spectacular no less, though it is Aneeth Arora’s ‘Pero’ which captured all attention with its thespian emphasis. The last event of the day was the much-awaited Gaurav Gupta show whose signature gothic style and androgynous outfits were impeccably fabulous. What a day – thrilling, captivating, brilliant, as it was!
The Absolute Winners
- ‘Hara Barno’ by Sahil Kochar was striking and edgy, with a number of vibrant hues, complex patterns, asymmetrical silhouettes and regal embellishments lined up on the ramp.
- Poonam Bhagat’s line took artistic inspiration from the cubist painter’s penchant for dots, lines and deep shades. Unique yet wearable, this Picasso-themed collection won appreciation for its classic, elegant outfits.
- Playfully androgynous and distinctive outfits made Aneeth Arora’s military-inspired collection quite the hit. With Doc Martens, bomber jackets, khakis, berets and more, ‘Pero’ transformed feminine clothing into a statement of confidence and power.
- Gaurav’s Gupta’s creations played with outfit structure and colour to bring together a collection that was subtly glamorous.
- A special after-show discussion on Indian fashion was hosted at Veda Cafe with Dame Zandra Rhodes, Riju Kumar and Rajeev Sethi chairing the conversation. The panellists discussed India’s presence in the global glamour industry and the possible approaches it could employ therewith.
So this is what the exciting day 4 had in store. But the Grand Finale is yet to come – gear up for AIFW 2015’s parting shot!