Immunity-Boosting Green Smoothie
My favourite that I’d want to sharewith health buffs is the super-healthy, awesome Green Smoothie recipe that Imixed up by chance. But believe me, it is my choice now as I shake it up everyother day. Vegan and made with lots of healthy ingredients, this amazing shake isjust right for breakfast and keeps my energy levels up to match the challengesof work from home, even while I juggle with loads of housework and an energetic6-year old!
Servings: 1 person
Cost: £2 - £3
- 1 Cup Chopped Kale
- 1 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1 inch cube Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Flax Seeds
- 7 pieces Almonds
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 Banana
- 125 ml Coconut Milk
Once you have all the ingredients onyour shelf, it’s time to get started. Here is a list of instructions to createthe most yummilicious, gorgeous-looking Green Smoothie in just three steps anda couple of minutes.
Put all the ingredients in a blenderand blend them till smooth; make sure that there are no chunks of the leafygreens or fruits.
Once you mix up the perfect smoothie, taste it and perfect it. Ensurethat it has just the right consistency and temperature. If you want your kid totry it, I’d suggest adding some honey for the healthy sweet kick. You can evenadd a dash of lemon to balance the bitterness of the greens. My secretingredient is ginger because I love the zing it brings to the drink. Even mylittle one loves it!
After perfecting the flavours, justgive it a final whisk in the blender to get that amazing smooth consistency andvibrant green colour. You can refrigerate the drink for up to 24 hours, thoughI prefer blending a fresh batch every time. If you do want to use arefrigerated batch, be sure to shake it up before drinking.
I’m sure you’d love this recipe as it is just the pick-me-up you need when you feel the blues of the lockdown effect. You can try a few variations every time as I do. For instance, you can use pineapple or mango in place of banana. Toss in nuts and seeds of your choice. Or just experiment with any juice, water or any other milk. I like honey and ginger, though they are optional too.
And I’d surely want to list down the nutritional benefits of each of the ingredients so that you appreciate my smoothie’s health value as much as its taste.
Seeing these benefits, you will probably understand why I have settled for these ingredients for mixing up my Green Smoothie. And if you have some great ideas, do share them here.
- Kale–High in antioxidants and vitamin C, detoxifies naturally, lowers cholesterol levels
- Spinach- Loaded with folic acid, carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and calcium, cleanses your skin inside out
- Ginger–Improves digestion, protects from cold and flu, reduces inflammation naturally
- Flax seeds – Rich in fiber, omega-3 fats and high quality proteins, give instant energy boost
- Almonds-Contain fiber, healthy fats, protein, magnesium and vitamin E, reduce hunger and promote weight control
- Honey – Healthiest alternative to sugar, rich in antioxidants
- Banana-Nutritious, filling and hefty source of energy, minus unhealthy fats and cholesterol
- Coconut milk- High in antioxidants, strengthens immunity and aids weight loss