Summer breeze, the sun, sand and the sea all call for a beach day.
With the weather getting better, you can’t stay indoors and the beach is a perfect getaway. But packing for the beach can be tricky. Also, the sun and sea don’t get along with skin and hair very well. Sun burns, tans, frizzy unruly hair and many other issues can ruin your vacation and that’s the last thing you want. Be a beach beauty with these must have beauty products in your beach bag.
Here is a snap of the products I packed into my bag for my last beach holiday.
Take a leaf from my book of advice and don’t forget to take these must have products with you.
Be a beach beauty with these must have beauty products in your beach bag:
- Sunscreen: Wearing sunscreen every day is an unwritten rule in the book of skin care so the beach is no exception. You may use SPF 20 – 30 for regular use but for beach holiday go for a sunscreen with UV A/B protection with SPF 50 or more which is water resistant.
- Tinted moisturizer with SPF: If you are not in the mood for applying a foundation and want to go for a minimalistic makeup routine then go for a light non-greasy formula when picking a tinted moisturizer. It helps even out the skin tone and keeps your face hydrated and also protects you when stepping out.
- Primer with SPF: For a long lasting picture perfect make up invest in a light weight primer with SPF for skin protection. The primer will give you an even base for your makeup and also help cover any redness because of sun exposure easily.
- Powder based foundation: Cream based or liquid foundation can give you an oily finish or a melted look. Powder based foundations are great during the summer to achieve a sweat proof makeup look.
- Lip balm: The last thing you want is dry and chapped lips. It’s important to moisturize your lips even during the summer. I prefer using a lip balm with SPF, especially if I’m stepping out in the sun. Also, your lipstick or gloss looks way better on hydrated lips.
- Blue eyeliner: Ditch the black eyeliner on your beach holiday. Summers are all about vibrant colors. Let your makeup reflect that summer vibe with colored eyeliners.
- Sea salt hairspray: The sun exposure, dips in the salty ocean and chlorine filled pools can take a toll on your hair. To add to that you often end up using styling tools to avoid frizzy hair because of the humidity. Switch your styling tools and products for a sea salt spray and flaunt those beachy waves effortlessly.
- Body Mist: A body mist is light and perfect for the beach. You can carry a small bottle in your beach bag for a refreshing spray whenever you are feeling sticky or sweaty. Get a floral or zesty fragrance for the summer.
- Conditioner: With all the sea salt and humidity in the air, a good conditioner is a must to make sure your locks well cared for no matter what and I have chosen the Redken Volumising conditioner to make sure my hairs are not flat.
- Hat, Sunglasses & Book & Magazines – These are some of the accessories that are a must in your beach bag to give you right protection from the sun and also some entertainment when you are sun bathing on the beach.
Are there any products that you never travel without on your beach holiday? Let me know in the comments below.