It’s the season to travel. But before you leave for your perfect holiday you need to pack. Packing for a holiday is tiresome. You never know what kind of clothes you would need. So you end up packing those backup outfits which you know you would never wear…because just in case. Then you end up paying extra for baggage or groan about how don’t have enough space for all the cool things you shopped on your holiday because of the excess outfits.
To save you all from this misery, I’ve decoded the holiday wardrobe for you, in case you are clueless about what to pack.
1. Off-Shoulder Ruffled Top: From sunbathing to sightseeing an off shoulder top is one of my favourite picks this season. Tuck it in with your pleated maxi skirt or let it out with your ripped denim shorts. Off-shoulder tops are extremely versatile. I like the ruffled off-shoulder tops as they are flattering for my body shape and look ultra cute.
2. Flattering Bikini: A bikini is the one thing you can’t afford to forget. Whether you are going to a beach or a country side, you are going to need this one. Most places have a pool and after a chilly winter where you can’t dream of diving into a pool, that’s all you feel like doing once its spring. Go for a bikini which flatters your body type. I really like a ruffled and high-waisted bikini. You can go for a coordinated set or mix and match based on what you’re comfortable with.
3. The long Jacket: A sarong or a beach wrap is a must if you are going to the beach. But this year leave the basics and go for a long jacket or a kimono style jacket. They are extremely versatile. You can wear them to the beach with your bikini or even on a day out in town with a pair of shorts and a crop top or a maxi skirt. Jackets with tassels are in this season. Go for a jacket which is lightweight and has fun prints.
4. Crop Top: Crop tops have been in trend for some time now and don’t seem to be going out of style for anytime soon. Ditch the usual crop top for something more elegant this season. Go for a lacy crop top with intricate designs. They are feminine, flirty and fun. They make you look chic when teamed with high-waist shorts, slip on shoes and fun accessories.
5. Two piece outfit: I love two piece outfits. They look cute plus can be paired with other items in your closet if you don’t want to wear coordinated sets. Two piece sets are great as you can mix and match them with the other pieces in your wardrobe and don’t have to carry different outfits. They are perfect when you want to travel light. You can go for a skirt and off shoulder set if your style is more feminine or shorts and crop top set if you like to keep it more casual. Plus you can also team the shorts or skirt with other basic pieces in your wardrobe.
6. Pleated Maxi Skirt: A pleated maxi skirt is another key piece in your wardrobe. Team it with a dressed up crop top for a dinner date or a boho blouse for a day at the beach. There are so many ways you can wear a pleated maxi skirt. Plus it’s extremely versatile as you can easily transform your outfit from beach to date night with the right accessories.
7. Evening Dress: This is a must have in your holiday wardrobe. An evening dress is for those romantic dinner dates you plan to go for with your partner or the cute stranger you met at the beach. Pack that classic outfit in your wardrobe that you can trust will look great for any occasion. A classic LBD or a high-low dress which can be dressed up or down based on the occasion is something you need in your bag.
Apart from the outfits be sure to carry some basic accessories like a hat, sunglasses, 3-4 pairs of earrings in different colours, comfy sandals and shoes and lots of sunscreen.
Links to all the outfits features in the post are below, incase you fancy browsing 😉
- Off Shoulder Top
- Black Halter Bikini
- Black Long Kimono
- Black Crochet Slip
- Polka Dot Top & Skirt
- Multicolour Top & Shorts Set
- Green Pleated Skirt
- Pink Bow Tie Lace Dress
So what are your travel plans this season? Let me know in the comments below.