Love looking your best, but have no time to keep up with new, fab beauty mantras? Here’s the Top 10 tips that’ll help you look your best and take care of your nails!
For Your Nails
- Do not bite your nails; apart from having unsightly fingertips, you also become more prone to skin infections.
- Always have your nails filed to perfect. Always. It’s the mark of a true fashionista.
- Use good quality polishes and removers only. Cheap, low-quality products tend to dry the nail bed and make nails brittle.
- Alternate dark and light nail polish to prevent discolouration of nails. Ideally, there should also be a 1-2 day gap between polish change so your nails can
- If your nails are already discoloured – a yellowish hue due to too much product usage – use lemon juice. Dip cotton in it and place on each nail for 2-3 minutes. Follow up with moisturization.
- Always apply a coat of clear nail polish beneath and over your coloured nail paint. This prevents yellowing of nails and chipping of coloured polish.
- Keep your nails well moisturised to prevent chipping and breakage. Invest in a hand-and-nail cream and use regularly.
- When filling your nails at home, move the nail file in one direction and not back and forth – this makes them less brittle and prone to breaking.
- If a nail gets chipped, cut and file it immediately – don’t leave it looking shabby and uneven for too long.
Get a professional manicure done once every month. Admit it; you can’t clean, buff and remove cuticles the way the salon guy do