This post goes out to all the lovely ladies who stay out long. Working full-time or travelling out for a whole day entails staying away from home for many, many hours and that naturally takes a toll on one’s appearance. I know that looking good despite having a long, tiring day is no less than a challenge. Your only friend in this battle is some trusty products and easy access to a mirror.
So, let me show what I always carry in my makeup bag on days I’m going to be out for long. These products are tried, tested and totally loved by me. They have become essentials in my vanity and an integral part of my beauty haul whenever I go out shopping or on vacation. I always try to intentionally carry less makeup products when I am out and about to keep space in my bag for more shopping and knick knacks ;-), so here is the list for you.
- MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation – I love this foundation for its mattifying effect and long staying power. I can wear it for hours without worrying about oiliness or too many touch-ups. I never have to reapply it more than once in a day. And though the coverage is medium, it is ideal for wearing to office.
- Benefit Magic Ink Liquid Eyeliner – This eyeliner is by-far one of the most fuss-free liners I have ever come across. The thin stiff wand assures you one-swipe application which is really helpful if you’re in a hurry. It doesn’t budge from my lids for several hours despite my oily skin and sweating. All boxes checked!
- Clarins Be Long Mascara Travel Size Pack – Another great product that is hard to fault. This mascara has a brilliant wand that helps get to even the tiniest lashes. It naturally curls them and gives them volume too. Though it takes a little time to dry completely, once set, it doesn’t bleed and stays on for long.
- MAC Cosmetics Dazzleglass Creme (Baby Sparks) – A simple, light-pink gloss which has shiny crystals in it. The light, neutral shade is perfect for formal occasions, which is why I carry it to office. The staying power is good for a gloss – about 3-5 hours – but I do need touch-ups with this. It’s a little bit sticky but I since it keeps my lips hydrated, I won’t complain.
- Folding Compact Comb and Mirror– Carrying a full-sized brush around isn’t a practical idea. This foldable compact comb is perfect for it fits into the smallest of bags. I obviously can’t do wonders for my hair with it but if I need to fix a few strays or just brush through my locks, it does the job.
- Joy Travel/Coin Purse – This is a handy little purse that I can stuff a lot of knick knacks into. A lot times, I just throw in all this makeup into it. But sometimes I keep it filled with coins and change or business cards.
So this is what all I carry about in my “Day Out” Makeup bag. What are your must-have products for such days? Feel free to share!
PS: I am just back from a lovely vacation to Devon, and there will be lots of exciting and interesting posts coming your way soon!