A journey of a thousand miles begins with a fabulous pair of shoes and a killer style. I love travelling but, sometimes deciding what to wear when travelling can sometimes be more exhausting than the journey itself. You may either look too dressed up or like you just got out of your bed and decided to take a holiday. When it comes to flight fashion I don’t like wearing tight clothing like skinny jeans as they make me uncomfortable, especially if it’s going to be a long journey. But at the same time, I also don’t prefer travelling in my pajamas as it looks too shabby. After checking out these Best Vacation Ideas articles I was really inspired to share a post about travel and airport fashion
- The flight dress – It’s comfortable, chic and stylish. Pair it up with slip on shoes and throw on a light jacket or a scarf to keep you warm when the air conditions gets too cold. The dress should be a casual dress which you can layer up or down easily.
- Totes: A tote is a perfect handbag for travelling. It’s big, fashionable and practical. Make sure your tote is big enough to pick up some last bits of shopping from airport or a book that you plan to read while travelling. A metallic finish tote would be the perfect accessory to sport when travelling.
- Scarf: I love to carry a scarf or head wrap to protect my hair and you can also wrap it around when you get cold or tie it around your neck in a double knot for a style statement.
- Denims: If you are someone who loves wearing denims then you can opt for a pair of boyfriend jeans as they are pretty loose and comfortable. Match them with a graphic tee, jacket and sneaker and you are good to go! If you don’t like wearing denims you can also wear a pair of joggers which are super comfortable and stylish at the same time.
- Tailored Pants: Tailored pants, blouse and a trench coat is a great combination if you have a professional dressing sense or are travelling for a meeting.
Basic Travel Tips:
- Make sure your pair of footwear is comfortable. Avoid wearing high heels as you will have to walk quite a lot when travelling.
- Carry some basic cosmetics like a blush brush, lip gloss, moisturizer, eyeliner, comb and dry shampoo. Dry Shampoo helps give a bounce to hair if you want to look presentable after a long flight.
- Avoid wearing linen clothes as it gets crumpled easily.
- Carry a good book or two depending on the length of the journey, headphones or any other form of entertainment you prefer.
- Try to sleep for a bit, especially if it’s a long haul as it will help you adjust to the time zone and deal with jetlag.
- Last but not the least, drink plenty of water to avoid water retention.
- Bring you’re your sleep mask for a better sleep.