April is a bag of mixed weathers this year in UK with warm in the first half and the cold again, and the stuff in all our makeup bags naturally undergoes a change. And that’s exactly how it should be. The products you use should be suited to the weather outside and the changes are particularly demanding on our skin. So here’s a peek into my makeup bag and all the goodies I’ve been enjoying this month.
- MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation – This powder foundation is ideal for summer season. It has a mattifying effect, prevents oiliness and shine, and does not give a cakey appearance. I use it over my sunscreen on days when I don’t need too much coverage or otherwise team it with an SPF-rich liquid foundation.
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes Lycra Flex Mascara – What is life without a little bit of drama? And off late, I’ve enjoyed sporting dramatic eye makeup by using this “oversized volume mascara”. What I love about it is that all you need is one swipe and your lashes become thick and voluptuous, without becoming stiff or brittle.
- Clarins 50+ SPF Sunscreen For Face Wrinkle Control Cream – This is a wonderful product that offers a combo of sun protection and anti-ageing benefits. It has a high SPF rating yet doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on my skin. I’m very particular about keeping my skin sun-safe and this happens to be one of the best sunscreens I’ve used.
- L’Occitane “Lavande de Haute-Provence” Hand Cream – This is a lightly moisturising hand cream with a heavenly smell that is so soothing to the senses. I use it in the summer season for it is light on the skin, absorbs quickly and does not have a thick or buttery consistency which is best suited for winter-care.
- Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer (Garnet) – This is a recent purchase and has been working quite well for me. This lip lacquer is marketed as a gloss, but trust me, it can be easily substituted for lipstick too. It is highly pigmented, stays on for a 2 – 3 hours without touch-ups and has a hydrating, creamy formula. And this Garnet shade is beautiful – works for both day and night looks!
- Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes – Keeping wet wipes handy is a good idea during summer season. I use these ones by Simple for they are suitable for sensitive skin, thus having no harsh chemicals, strong perfume or alcohol base. On usage, these wipes do not dry out the skin, nor do they make it oily. A must-have for those sweaty mornings and sultry nights.
- A folding compact comb to keep hairs in check all day 🙂
So this is what I’ve been lugging around my makeup bag these days. What about you? Do share