Being a bride is no easy feat – in fact, I can guarantee that many of my married friends would say that it is one if the most stressful times in a woman’s life. To make the period easier, I strongly suggest that you put together what I like to call “The Bridal Survival Kit” – the important but often overlooked bits and bobs. Here are the five essentials that you simply must have in your kit!
01. A Good Face Pack: I’m sure that you would have indulged in bridal spa rituals before your wedding shenanigans began, but after a couple of late night functions, your skin is going to look and feel tired. Having a nifty face pack on hand is perfect for revitalising your skin in between events.
02. A Big Packet Of Safety Pins: Seriously! Safety pins are a godsend for Indian brides and so many embarrassing moments can be avoided with the help of these trusty babies. Always good to have some on hand!
03. Sugar Lollies: Let’s face it – between meeting all of your relatives and taking a bucket load of photographs, your energy levels might dip. Chances are that you won’t be able to eat until the very end of the function so keep some sugary sweets in your kit and your bridesmaids’ clutches.
04. A Big Packet Of Bobby Pins: Like safety pins, bobby pins are totally essential and you can never really have enough of them. Your makeup and hair artist will probably have them with her but carry your own stash just in case.
05. An Acne Spot Treatment: Zits have a habit of popping up when you least expect them and should one find its way to your skin during the wedding celebrations, you have to be prepared to deal with it. Find yourself a good spot treatment and make sure that you have it around, just in case. Concealer is a good idea too.