Ladies, summer is finally upon us! As most of you know, I am a total summer baby and I love to make the most of the warmer months with “seize the day” as my mantra for the season. Whether you are looking forward to tanning on the beach or just spending some quality time with family and friends, here are thirty things that you simply must do before summer bids us adieu!
01. Throw on your sneakers, gather your favourite girlfriends and head over the closest theme park for some wild, wild fun. No summer is complete without a roller coaster ride!
02. Buy yourself a pair of fantastic sunglasses to shade your eyes from the heat. I have been living in my white-rimmed Ray-Ban glasses all summer long. What’s your style?
03. The best part about the summer is that the nights are absolutely pleasant so why not indulge in some stargazing with your loved on? It makes for a perfect date night, too!
04. Have a pool party, complete with margaritas and flower garlands!
05. Every season needs a scent and summer is no exception. This summer, snap up a delicious scent and make it your signature. Love by Chloe is my perfume of choice, if you must know.
06. Have a picnic at your local park, complete with a bottle of wine, a scrumptious selection of cheese and some fruit. How lovely!
07. On lazy mornings, lie in your bed with the windows open and bask in the glorious sunlight.
08. Buy yourself a new bikini – because you deserve it and because it isn’t summer without some stylish swimwear!
09. Go for bike rides and explore your city like you never have before. In fact, take your camera along and have a blast pretending to be a tourist in your own neighbourhood.
10. Eat lots of berries! Not only do they taste absolutely amazing in the summertime; they are absolutely loaded with antioxidants, which work wonders for your skin.
11. Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure with a wonderfully bright nail paint to boot.
12. Make a summer playlist and listen to it as much as you can. “This ain’t nothing but a summer jam…”
13. Roadtrip! Enough said.
14. Try your hand at juicing and experiment with crazy recipes until you find your favourite. You do not even need a fancy juicer – a simple blender works just fine!
15. Look through the photographs from the last summer and reminisce.
16. Buy yourself some bronzer, because every girl needs a beautiful summer glow!
17. Make some time for meditation. Trust me ladies; this habit will change your life! There is no need to join classes – just play some soothing music and breathe deeply.
18. Learn more about the flowers that bloom in your locale during the summertime and see how many you can spot whilst you are out and about.
19. Head over to the beach and have a sandcastle-making competition with your friends or better yet, with strangers!
20. Buy a Polaroid camera and take it everywhere you go. At the end of the summer, create a collage of photographs on your wall.
21. Wear a flower crown wherever you go.
22. Make new friends. Many of us rarely go out with the intention to meet new people but this summer, you must change that! Go out with the intention to meet someone new and do not come home until you do so.
23. Experiment with one DIY project. This could be something as small as making your own lip balm with Vaseline and eye shadow, or something as large as sewing your own sundress. Let the creative juices flow, girls!
24. Allow your inner child to break free and have a water gun fight with your friends.
25. Watch the sunrise.
26. Watch the sunset.
27. Create a scrapbook with all of the mementos and photographs of the summer. Stick everything from ticket stubs to flyers to those embarrassing selfies that you would never show anyone.
28. Stuff your face with an ice cream sundae. Yummy!
29. Buy yourself a cute clutch bag to carry during the day. I firmly believe that if you only use clutches at night, you are doing it wrong. For the daytime, pick one in a bright colour like aqua or a fun animal print for some extra pizazz!
30. Live, laugh and love, every single day.