The Grand Finale of the AIFW 2015 brought the five-day fashion extravaganza to an end with quite a spectacular show. A combination of industry A-listers and their creations, good music and theatrics, and a lively, excitable audience made this event a wonderful tribute to Indian Fashion Week’s 25th Anniversary. Here’s the scoop on all that went down on day 5 of the AIFW 2015:
The last day of AIFW 2015 passed in anticipation of the Grand Finale event that was to take place in the evening. The show began with Amalraj Sengupta unveiling his ‘I am Alive’ collection which showcased khadi, silk and cotton fabrics in unconventional forms. Sneha Arora’s line, which played with prints and patterns to produce some fun, quirky outfits was well-received as well. The final collection of the season was Ashima-Leena’s colourful, bold line which redefined bohemian glamour in mesmerizing ways. Last to come was the Grand Finale show entitled ‘Crafts of India’; it brought together 25 of India’s leading designers to exhibit a series of outfits that represented their interpretation of Indian arts and culture. The perfect conclusion to a successful fashion event, this day will go down as a landmark moment in Indian Fashion history.
- India’s top 25 designers came together with the likes of Padamshree winners Ritu Kumar and Wendell Rodricks, and other top designers such as Manish Malhotra, Anamika Khanna, Tarun Tahilani, JJ Valaya, Sabyasachi Mukherjee and Varun Bahl in participation.
- Instrumental music and dhol beats played in the background as the designers’ creations sashayed down the ramp.
- Ritu Kumar delighted the industry with her new designs which were much awaited since here two-year-long absence from the popular ramps.
- Rohit Bal broke into an impromptu jig when taking the final bow, driving the audience wild.
- The 90s ramp-queen Nyonika Chatterjee walked down the ramp in Sabyasachi’s stunning outfit which was a special creation for his favourite muse.
One of the most dazzling Grand Finale’s in the history of Indian fashion, the AIFW 2015 came to a close with much marvellous pomp and show. Ah, another major glamour event gone by!